The choice differs with the options and the facilities that one is looking out for. Though it could be a little challenging and confusing, one can select by analyzing the requirements and what exactly you’re looking out for. There are different types of senior housing and they can be roughly divided in three categories.
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Nursing homes
Before you actually decide and finalize on the type of housing for the senior adults, you actually need to sit back and ask yourself a few questions that would help you to select the most suitable one for the elders.
- Mobility: does the senior adult uses a walker or a wheelchair for moving around or they can move independently? Do they require occasional assistance or they require a constant supervision?
- Nutrition: can they prepare their own meals or they need help? Some can do it on their own and some, need assistance.
- Dressing and bathing: do they perform all the activities with help or without help? Can they dress up themselves? Do they need someone to do it for them or need someone who just have to remind them of the activity?
- Housekeeping: some elders and senior citizens need daily laundering and some need weekly once or twice.
- Medication: do the senior need reminders for medication? Can they manage it themselves?
- Toiletting: do they need assistance or support or they can manage it themself?
Once you get to a final point and conclusion after all these questions and answers, you can actually think about what you want to look out for the seniors or the elders. Depending on the need and requirement, you can select the one feasible for There are very good Senior homes in Mysore and Senior Homes near Srirangapatna. If you are actually planning to lookout for senior homes and the facilities, you should actually check this out for more details and information.